Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- Ethiopia: West Guji Zone - Ongoing Humanitarian Activities Overview (as of 15 Sep 2018)
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
Ronaldo, football's world player of the year in 2008, is about to leave British club Manchester United for Spain's Real Madrid, for a record fee of US$130 million. WFP's Greg Barrow reflects on what that figure means in hunger terms.
ROME - 130 million US dollars is a chunk of cash. We could use it right now to feed 8.6 million hungry mouths in Ethiopia through to the end of the year.
Les équipes du Programme alimentaire mondial des Nations Unies (PAM) déployées dans plusieurs pays d'Afrique distribuent actuellement des vivres aux victimes des inondations qui ont eu lieu sur le continent et qui, dans certaines régions, sont les plus graves depuis des décennies.
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) teams in many countries across Africa are delivering food to people hit by floods across the continent that are the worst in deCades in some places. But WFP urgently needs new contributions to cope with the crisis.
At least 1.5 million people are so far affected by the floods from Mauritania in an arc stretching across sub-Saharan Africa.