Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- 23 Killed in Ethnic Violence Near Addis Ababa
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
- Ethiopia tops global list of highest internal displacement in 2018
Ouagadougou, 9 October - The Global Forum on Sustainable Development, to be held here from 9 to 11 October, will enable sub-Saharan Africa to continue to consolidate its views on climate change.
Two months before the Copenhagen conference which will aim to replace the Kyoto Protocol with a new international agreement on climate, the region will review the problems associated with climate change and make concerted efforts to implement a 'New Green Deal for Africa'.
Through the UN, Japan will support 21 African countries
Poznan, 11 December 2008 - Twenty-one African countries are set to benefit from a US$92.1-million programme backed by the Japanese Government, which is designed to support their efforts to adapt to climate change.
The details of where the money would be invested were finalized this week between Japan and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), coinciding with the International Climate Change Conference in Poznan, Poland.
Through the new programme, UNDP will work with the African countries to help them develop their …