Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
- World Vision East Africa Region Situation Report | October 1 - October 31, 2018
- President’s Malaria Initiative: Ethiopia - Malaria Operational Plan FY 2019
From January to the end of September 2010, CERF has allocated over $372 million, more than the historical annual average of $355 million. During the third quarter of 2010, CERF allocated $90 million. Given funding levels of previous years, CERF disbursements for 2010 will likely pass the $400 million mark by the end of the year.
The second round of underfunded allocations for 2010 has been completed.
In accordance with the Secretary-General's Bulletin (ST/SGB/2006/10), the Emergency Relief Coordinator (ERC) is responsible for setting priorities for the use of the CERF Underfunded window and for selecting countries to receive allocations from that window, in close consultation with relevant humanitarian agencies.
UN Secretary-General appoints new members to CERF Advisory Group
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon announced the appointment of seven new members of the Advisory Group for the Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF).
The members include government officials from countries that have contributed to or received funding from CERF, representatives of humanitarian non-governmental organizations, and academic experts.