Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- UNHCR Ethiopia Fact Sheet December 2018
- UNHCR Ethiopia - Operational Update (December 2018)
- The Agriculture Knowledge, Learning, Documentation and Policy Project: Five Year Final Report January 2014 - December 2018
- GIEWS Country Brief: Ethiopia 14-January-2019
UN Secretary-General appoints new members to CERF Advisory Group
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon announced the appointment of seven new members of the Advisory Group for the Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF).
The members include government officials from countries that have contributed to or received funding from CERF, representatives of humanitarian non-governmental organizations, and academic experts.
Les besoins d'aide humanitaire sont en augmentation dans les zones de conflit comme dans les zones sans conflit, a prévenu le Secrétaire général aux affaires humanitaires et Coordonnateur des secours d'urgence.
Item 62 of the provisional agenda
Ronaldo, football's world player of the year in 2008, is about to leave British club Manchester United for Spain's Real Madrid, for a record fee of US$130 million. WFP's Greg Barrow reflects on what that figure means in hunger terms.
ROME - 130 million US dollars is a chunk of cash. We could use it right now to feed 8.6 million hungry mouths in Ethiopia through to the end of the year.
NAIROBI, Oct 25, 2007 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- Seven major international organizations including the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) on Thursday announced a multimillion-dollar partnership to address declining supplies of fresh water and the lack of access to clean water by the world's poorest people.