Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Key Message Update, September 2018
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (24 September 2018)
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2018 - Ethiopia (Revised August 2018)
1) Since the beginning of the year, several consecutive weeks of below-average rainfall has worsened ground conditions and negatively impacted cropping activities and livestock throughout northern Namibia and southern Angola. Many local areas have experienced less than half of their normal rainfall accumulation since January. With little to no rain forecast during the upcoming outlook period, relief is unlikely as the seasonal rains weaken during March.
Note: Map in 2 pages
JOHANNESBOURG, 22 juin 2010 (IRIN) - Selon un article de l'Institut international de recherche sur les politiques alimentaires (IFPRI), un groupe de réflexion basé aux états-Unis, « L'Afrique doit aujourd'hui faire face au problème du déficit en nourriture à long terme qu'a rencontré l'Inde au début des années 1960 ».
=C0 cette époque, l'Inde a effet été confrontée à une grave crise alimentaire.
D'après un article consacré aux tendances dans le domaine des dépenses publiques consacrées à l'agriculture en Afrique, les pays africains n'allouent pas …
NAIROBI/ HARARE, 18 June 2010 - A steep increase in cases of measles in Eastern and Southern Africa has put recent gains in reducing mortality due to this highly contagious disease at risk of being reversed.
As of mid-June 2010, the outbreak has affected more than 47,907 children in 14 countries, resulting in 731 deaths. The most recent confirmed measles outbreaks were reported from Malawi, Mozambique and Zambia.
The measles control strategies being implemented in the region include: a first dose measles immunization through routine infant immunization programmes; a second …
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on critical health-related activities in countries where there are humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and headquarters. The mandate of the WHO departments specifically concerned with Emergency and Humanitarian Action in Crises is to increase the effectiveness of the WHO contribution to crisis preparedness and response, transition and recovery.