Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- ECHO Factsheet – Ethiopia – Last updated 17/12/2018
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Implementing solar irrigation to achieve resilient livelihoods in Southern Ethiopia
BRASILIA –Brasil ha proporcionado más de 300,000 toneladas de productos alimenticios a 35 países a través del PMA desde el 2011 y sus contribuciones han incrementado de 1 millón de dólares en 2007 a 75 millones de dólares a la fecha, haciendo de esta nación suramericana uno de los mayores donantes del PMA, según funcionarios brasileños y del PMA.
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights
World cereal production in 2007 is forecast by FAO to increase some 4 percent to a record 2 082 million tonnes. The bulk of the increase is expected in maize, with a bumper crop already being gathered in South America, and a sharp increase in plantings expected in the United States. A significant rise in wheat output is also foreseen, with a recovery in some major exporting countries' crops after weather problems last year.
Another good cereal crop likely in 2007 in the group of Low-Income Food-Deficit countries (LIFDCs).
This week's report covers the following sectors: Agriculture, Coordination and Support Services, Food, Health, Protection / Human Rights / Rule of Law, Refugees and IDPs, Security, Shelter and Non-food Items, Water & Sanitation
This Programme Update is intended for reporting on Annual Appeals.
Appeal Target (revised): CHF 3,500,000 (USD 2.2 million or EUR 2.4 million)
Period covered: January - March 2002; Next report expected in July
"At a Glance"
Appeal coverage: 35%
Outstanding needs: CHF 2.27 million (USD 1.4m/ EUR 1.56)