Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
As political leaders across Africa prepare for the World Cup education summit scheduled for 11 July in Pretoria, UNESCO warns that shortfalls in aid threaten to derail efforts to get the region's 32 million out-of-school children into classrooms.
The education summit, convened by President Jacob Zuma, marks a culmination in efforts led by the 1Goal campaign and FIFA to push Africa's education crisis up the international agenda. That crisis is holding back economic growth, poverty reduction and progress in areas such as public health.
Day of the African Child 2010: Theme is planning and budgeting for children, our collective responsibility
NEW YORK/ADDIS ABABA, 16 June 2010 - Many of the millions of African children who don't live to see their fifth birthday could be saved with greater investment in basic health services and infrastructure.
Point 42 de l'ordre du jour provisoire*
Rapport du Haut-Commissaire des Nations Unies
pour les réfugiés, questions relatives aux réfugiés,
Consolidated Appeals Process (CAP)
The CAP is much more than an appeal for money. It is an inclusive and coordinated programme cycle of:
(a) strategic planning leading to a Common Humanitarian Action Plan (CHAP);
(b) resource mobilisation (leading to a Consolidated Appeal or a Flash Appeal);
(c) coordinated programme implementation;
(d) joint monitoring and evaluation;
(e) revision, if necessary; and
(f) reporting on results.