Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
1) Since June, insufficient and poorly-distributed rainfall has led to large rainfall deficits across the Gulf of Guinea countries and has reduced maize yields in Ghana, southern Togo and in southwestern Nigeria. Although seasonal rainfall has increased during the second peak of the bi-modal rainfall season, below average thirty and sixty day rainfall totals have continued. Average rainfall is forecast during the next week.
A total of 6 634 cases and 646 deaths (CFR: 9.7%) were reported from 14 countries as at 11 March, 2012
Between January and 11 march 2012, a total of 6 634 meningitis cases and 646 deaths have been reported from 14 countries resulting in a CFR of 9.7% (Figure 1). Twenty districts from 9 countries experienced menin-gitis outbreaks during the period under review as indicated in the map.
The major concerns in the region are political instabilities in Guinea and Niger as well as the floods in Benin. In addition there are several foci of outbreaks of diseases especially cholera.
Les principales préoccupations de la région sont l'instabilité politique en Guinée et au Niger ainsi que les inondations au Bénin. De plus, il existe plusieurs foyers d'épidémies notamment le choléra.
The paper develops indicators to look at the performance of the irrigation sector in Sub-Saharan Africa, where demand for food is high and irrigation has a proven potential to boost levels of agricultural productivity. By looking at six indicator categories-institutional framework, water resource use, irrigation area, irrigation technology, agricultural productivity, and poverty and food security-we assess the potential for improving performance in the agricultural food security sector through increasing irrigation sector investments.
Point 42 de l'ordre du jour provisoire*
Rapport du Haut-Commissaire des Nations Unies
pour les réfugiés, questions relatives aux réfugiés,
Innovative technology deployed to help improve healthcare delivery and save lives
WASHINGTON, DC, GENEVA and LONDON (September 9, 2008) - The United Nations Foundation and Vodafone Foundation's Technology Partnership (Technology Partnership) announced today the expansion of its mobile health (mHealth) program in Africa.
CCA Guidance for East Africa Rainfall in Sep-Nov 2003 at One Month Lead