Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
1) Since June, insufficient and poorly-distributed rainfall has led to large rainfall deficits across the Gulf of Guinea countries and has reduced maize yields in Ghana, southern Togo and in southwestern Nigeria. Although seasonal rainfall has increased during the second peak of the bi-modal rainfall season, below average thirty and sixty day rainfall totals have continued. Average rainfall is forecast during the next week.
A total of 6 634 cases and 646 deaths (CFR: 9.7%) were reported from 14 countries as at 11 March, 2012
Between January and 11 march 2012, a total of 6 634 meningitis cases and 646 deaths have been reported from 14 countries resulting in a CFR of 9.7% (Figure 1). Twenty districts from 9 countries experienced menin-gitis outbreaks during the period under review as indicated in the map.
- 485 Epidemiological summary of pandemic influenza A (H1N1) 2009 virus – Ontario, Canada, June 2009
- 485 Virus de la grippe pandémique A (H1N1) 2009 – synthèse épidémiologique, Ontario (Canada), juin 2009
While donors had responded "remarkably generously" to United Nations consolidated appeals for emergency aid, they had nevertheless provided less than half of what was required this year to address the needs of people facing severe humanitarian crises around the world, the top United Nations relief official said today.
During a press conference at Headquarters today, John Holmes, Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs, announced that the $4.6 billion collected in response to the mid-year review of the consolidated appeals this past July was the highest amount ever, in …
Point 42 de l'ordre du jour provisoire*
Rapport du Haut-Commissaire des Nations Unies
pour les réfugiés, questions relatives aux réfugiés,
WEST AFRICA FLOODS
The UN has allocated US $ 3.5 mn emergency response humanitarian assistance to Mali ( $ 1 mn), Ghana ( $ 2.5 mn) and Togo ( $1.4 mn). The grants are from the UN Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) created in 2006 by the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.
In Ghana, the Flash Appeal requests a total amount of US$9,913,136.
Tunis, 29 September 2006 - The Netherlands today granted the ADB a grant of US$ 25 million to finance the Bank's operations in the water sector.
This contribution comes on the heels of the successful visit to the Bank and discussions held with President Donald Kaberuka by Netherlands Minister for Development Cooperation Mrs A. van Ardenne van der Hoeven in February 2006.
The grant agreement was signed in Tunis by the AfDB Vice President in charge of Infrastructure, Private Sector and Regional Integration Mr. Mandla Gantsho and The Netherlands Ambassador in Tunisia, Mrs.
Tunis, le 29 septembre 2006 - Les Pays-Bas ont accordé à la Banque africaine de développement un don de 25 millions de dollars pour financer les opérations de l'institution dans le secteur de l'eau.
Cette contribution intervient après une visite officielle fructueuse qu'a effectuée la ministre hollandaise de la Coopération pour le développement, Mme A. van Ardenne van der Hoeven en février 2006 à la Bad en février 2006, au cours de laquelle elle a rencontré le président de l'institution, M.
Disease kills more than a million people each year and blunts economic growth
CCA Guidance for East Africa Rainfall in Sep-Nov 2003 at One Month Lead
The highest burden of this disease occurs in sub-Saharan Africa in an area that is referred to as the meningitis belt. This is the area between Senegal and Ethiopia and includes all or part of at least 15 countries, with an estimated total population of approximately 300 million. Epidemics occur in seasonal cycles between the end of November and the end of June, depending on the location and climate of the country and decline rapidly with the arrival of the rainy season. WHO has received reports from ministries of health in the following countries: