Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Helping Ethiopia Achieve Green Growth and Avoid Industrialised Nations’ Environmental Mistakes
This issue covers the period from November 2010 to May 2011. Its special focus is on climate change and climate variability and how these affect food and nutrition security and aggravate the problems of hunger and undernutrition. This edition aims to provide some basic understanding of the ways that climate change exacerbates humanitarian crises and to contribute to the debate about how to face this challenge.
Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons - In the past year, the movement of people within their country, and from one country or even continent to another has continued to rise. According to UNHCR (06/10) there were over 43 million forcibly displaced people worldwide at the end of 2009, which is the highest number since the mid-1990s.
Impact of Food Prices Rises On Malnutrition and Food Security
- International food and oil prices soared until further in 2008 and translated in varying degrees into higher domestic food prices causing food riots in over 30 countries. Even though food prices are falling on the global markets, surveillance showed that local prices have continued to increase or have remained at their inflated level in a number of vulnerable countries.
Somalia - Displacement continues amid ongoing hostilities
Intensified fighting broke out in Mogadishu on October 27th, aggravating an already precarious humanitarian situation.