Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
The flight of the Rohingya has caught the world’s attention. Since 25 August, more than half a million men, women and children fled from one country to another in search of safety and respite.
The conditions of those now living in Bangladesh, having crossed from Myanmar, are dire. Many have arrived with just the clothes they happened to be wearing; they arrive scarred, wounded, traumatised.
second year in brief
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
The ‘Value Girls’ from Lake Victoria’s Shores
Decades of U.S. Assistance Show Economic Achievement Pays Dividends
A Right to Land
Sara Gets the Message: Texts Plant Profits for Malawi Farmers
Palestinian ‘Liquid Gold’
Haiti’s Road Less Traveled
From Brick and Mortar to Stainless Steel: Investor Voices Help Build a Better Business
The Mile Between the Market and the Farm
Achieving Growth by Changing Mindsets
Your Voice: A Seed in the Desert and a Seat at the Table
- Managing Konzo in DRC
- Cash for work in urban Guinea
- Income generation in Southern Sudan
- National NGOs treat SAM in Niger
- IYCF across sectors in Haiti
- Pastoral malnutrition trends in Somalia
Summary of Review1
This recently published paper by the British Red Cross aims to answer the following questions:
- Can cash transfers improve access to food in the same way as direct food distribution?
- What effect does a cash distribution have on the local economy?
- Is cash assistance practically feasible?
This report includes: (A) Palestinian Territory (B) Russian Federation / Northern Caucasus (C) Indonesia / West Timor (D) India / Rajahstan (E) Bangladesh (F) Southeast Asia: Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos (G) DPR Korea (H) Ethiopia (I) Sudan (J) Haiti