Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- UNHCR Ethiopia Fact Sheet December 2018
- The Agriculture Knowledge, Learning, Documentation and Policy Project: Five Year Final Report January 2014 - December 2018
- GIEWS Country Brief: Ethiopia 14-January-2019
- Self-help group leads to vision, opportunity in rural Ethiopia
Contribution In The First Year Of Three-Year Partnership Will Help Build Habitat Homes in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Ethiopia
DUBAI, 12th December 2008: ETA Star Property Developers, a real estate company based in the United Arab Emirates, recently presented its donation of two million dirham (about US$544,650) in the first year of a three-year partnership with Habitat for Humanity.
The contribution, which came from ETA Star's Homes for the Homeless campaign, will help Habitat to build homes with families in need in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Ethiopia.
GENEVA, July 16 (UNHCR) - When António Guterres visited refugee camps soon after becoming UNHCR High Commissioner in 2005, he discovered what many staff on the ground already knew: in too many places the agency was not devoting sufficient resources to protect the health of refugees.
The result was "The High Commissioner's Special Project," a fund outside of the normal country budgets.
Pledges and Contributions
The Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) is pleased to acknowledge the receipt of five new contributions for 2007 and ten for 2008 (as of 31 December) totalling $47,401,891.
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on critical health-related activities in countries where there are humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and headquarters. The mandate of the WHO departments specifically concerned with Emergency and Humanitarian Action in Crises is to increase the effectiveness of the WHO contribution to crisis preparedness and response, transition and recovery.