Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
Funding shortages continue to impede partners from delivering complete food baskets, with half rations being distributed in all but six districts.
Waterborne disease cases and deaths significantly exceed those reported throughout 2012, raising concern among partners.
Upsurge in unaccompanied minors assisted from Botswana and SA reported in December.
Food insecurity in 2012/13 is comparably worse than the last three years.
More than 1,000 refugees have received new identification documents.
Zimbabwe’s livestock situation is grave, with deaths due to starvation being reported in some provinces.
I. Key Points
Funding worth US$ 42 million immediately needed to assist food insecure people;
Typhoid outbreak: trend of increased cases;
Deportees continue to arrive from Botswana and South Africa;
Education and health transition funds launched;
CAP for Zimbabwe funded at 46 percent.