Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia – New Episode of Ethnic Violence (DG ECHO, Media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
Heavy downpours have caused flooding in north-central Zambia, southern Zimbabwe, and northern Mozambique.
Light to moderate rains were observed over the Greater Horn of Africa during the past observation period.
1) Heavy downpours during the past week have caused the Licungo River to burst its banks, inundating expansive cropping areas, infrastructure, and houses downstream. Although reduced rains are forecast over the region during the next week, any additional rain may exacerbate the ground conditions, including elevated risks for waterborne disease outbreaks.