Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Countries from IGAD team up to end polio: The three Ministers of Health jointly launch to vaccinate about six million under-five children
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
Last year saw a record number of African refugees and migrants risking their lives crossing the Gulf of Aden into Yemen, according to the UN refugee agency.
The agency reported on Tuesday that 107,500 Africans made the dangerous trip breaking the 2011 record of more than 103,000 people who attempted the journey.
It said 80 per cent of the people who arrived in Yemen were Ethiopians and the rest were Somalis.
UN Radio's Derrick Mbatha discusses this migration of Africans from the Horn of Africa with UNHCR spokesperson in Yemen, Edward Leposky.