Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
In 2018, there will be Humanitarian Response Plans in 23 countries: Afghanistan, Burundi, Chad, Cameroon, CAR, DRC, Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Haiti, Iraq, Libya, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Ukraine and Yemen. The HRPs for Cameroon, Chad, CAR, DRC, Somalia, Haiti, Sudan, Nigeria (and potentially Niger and Afghanistan) will be multi-year Plans.
Deadline for Completion
The IA Protection Standby Capacity Project (ProCap) - an inter-agency initiative created in 2005 in collaboration with the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) - seeks to build capacity of relevant actors to enhance the humanitarian protection response. ProCap Advisers support the strategic and operational humanitarian protection response for IDPs and other vulnerable populations. ProCap deploys senior personnel with proven protection expertise to field, regional and global operations and trains mid-level protection staff from Standby Partners and UN Agencies.
KEY AIM: Create a system-wide “culture of accountability”: institutionalization of accountability to affected populations, including Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, in function and resourcing within each humanitarian organization alongside system level cohesion, coordination, and learning.