Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- UNICEF Horn of Africa Drought Situation as of September 2018
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Refugee Girls Gain from Effort to Teach Life Skills
Education unlocks the potential of young minds, and helps new generations realise their dreams for the future. However, we are facing a global education crisis. Millions of children are out of school, or in school but not learning. We must put education at the top of the agenda.
New partnership to raise resources from private capital markets to help close global financing gap for investments in maternal, adolescent and child health
Ce nouveau partenariat vise à mobiliser les ressources des marchés financiers privés pour combler le déficit de financement mondial en matière de santé de la mère, de l'enfant et de l'adolescent
‘We are facing an unprecedented situation in the Mediterranean region, where a growing number of refugees trying to reach Europe are losing their lives in the attempt. There have been further tragedies in the last few days. Several boats have capsized, and hundreds of people have drowned. Norway is providing NOK 50 million for measures to help refugees and migrants in transit countries in Africa, with a view to preventing even more people from embarking on the dangerous journey across the Mediterranean,’ said Minister of Foreign Affairs Børge Brende.
‘Worldwide, around 125 million girls and women have been subjected to genital mutilation. The fight to eliminate female genital mutilation in Norway and internationally is a high priority for the Government. Norway has set the new and ambitious goal of eliminating this harmful practice in the course of one generation,’ said Minister of Foreign Affairs Børge Brende.