Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- WFP Ethiopia: Food and Nutrition Assistance to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in East and West Hararghe zones - September 2018
This year the DEC has launched an extremely important appeal for Syria, and continued its work in three major responses: East Africa, Pakistan and Haiti, each of which was amongst our very largest appeals.
In East Africa, where a lethal combination of drought, conflict and environmental failure caused the first famine of the 21st century, DEC funded work has reached over 2.3m people. The huge humanitarian effort in the region has been broadly successful but the crisis has highlighted serious issues with the world’s ability to respond to very clear early warnings of disaster.
Surrounded by shattered buildings and a massive concrete wall pock-marked by shell holes and small bullet craters, I met Malaika Issack. What could drive anyone to seek shelter in a city like Mogadishu, scarred by twenty years of war?