Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU Desirous to Support Ethiopia in Fighting Human Trafficking: European Commission Official
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 69 | 25 November - 9 December 2018
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
Top marks for DRA aid effort
The new policy memorandum issued by the Department for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation – headed by Minister Sigrid Kaag – emphasises the importance of the Dutch national aid effort.
The document also highlights the significant work of the Dutch Relief Alliance (DRA) and secures the alliance’s operations for the coming years. Existing agreements on cooperation and financing with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) remain in place.
- A new story: We worked on a new story for Dorcas in 2016, with various departments and stakeholders giving their input.
Annual Report: relief aid tripled in 2015
In 2015, Dorcas helped 373,375 people in emergency situations, which is more than three times as many people as last year. Many of these people were displaced because of the earthquake in Nepal, others were refugees from Syria and Iraq and there were many who fled because of the turmoil in eastern Ukraine. You can read all the details in our recently released annual report. Dorcas is thankful for all the donations and funds that made all of this possible.
Dorcas takes action to help people in need and deep poverty irrespective of their religion, ethnicity, gender or political convictions. Inspired by Matthew 25:31-46 to care for the poor and oppressed, Dorcas has been working for 35 years to provide relief and development projects in Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa. For this it can count on the enthusiasm of thousands of volunteers, entrepreneurs and donors in the Netherlands.