Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Briefing note: Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) Ethiopia (August 2018)
On 26 February 2017, the Council adopted conclusions on EU priorities at United Nations human rights fora in 2018.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Le monde doit aujourd’hui répondre à un appel à la mobilisation sans précédent face à la situation de quatre pays menacés par la famine, et à la demande croissante d’aide humanitaire et de résilience. Dans ce contexte, il est de la plus haute importance d’informer la communauté de la sécurité alimentaire à l’échelle mondiale et nationale, quant au risque de crises alimentaires et à la sévérité de ces crises. Les parties prenantes ont largement investi dans l’analyse de la sécurité alimentaire et les systèmes d’alerte précoce afin de mieux prévenir et répondre aux crises alimentaires.
I. Candidate countries and potential candidates
Summary: 3 June 2015, Brussels - The European Commission today unveiled a major partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and announced new funding to tackle the global challenge of undernutrition.
Summary: 6 February 2014, Brussels - Millions of girls and women all over the world are still at risk of being subjected to FGM, and particularly in developing countries. The EU has repeatedly shown zero tolerance for this practice, and today we are proud to do it once again, louder than ever.
Brussels, 13 March 2013
Through its development cooperation, the EU has played a leading role in tackling hunger for many years and is the world's largest donor in supporting global food security and sustainable agricultural development. The EU believes in tackling all aspects related to poverty and hunger and seeks to support access to sufficient, safe and nutritious food for all, and at all times.