Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- Ethiopia: West Guji Zone - Ongoing Humanitarian Activities Overview (as of 15 Sep 2018)
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Key Message Update, September 2018
Delegados de Guatemala, Mauritania, Etiopía y Filipinas participan en la Semana sobre el Derecho a la Alimentación organizada por Cáritas Española y la AECID.
Water is a fundamental human right but water scarcity around the world is causing severe problems and human suffering that are likely to worsen in the future, warns Caritas Internationalis.
“All people have a right to safe drinking water…This is a problem that affects everyone and is a source of great suffering in our common home.” – Pope Francis, Laudato Si’
Caritas committed for the long haul in Horn o f Africa
‘It’s pretty grim: bone dry, massive depletion in livestock numbers, notable increases in malnutrition, and as a result disease outbreak (measles, acute watery diarrhoea) among children.’ With these words, Conor O’Loughlin of Trócaire (Caritas Ireland) updates the situation in Ethiopia, as the worst drought in 60 years tightens its grip in the Horn of Africa.