Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
Mediation Can Prevent, Resolve Natural Resources Disputes New UN Guide Launched
Drawing on decades of experience in the field of mediation of natural resource conflicts, the Guide provides best practices and strategies for mediating different types of resource conflicts.
13 April 2012, New York - With the risk of disasters increasing globally, the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) has underlined the central role of healthy and well-managed ecosystems in supporting the resilience of populations before, during and after disasters.
Natural disasters caused a record US$378 billion damage in 2011. While mortality rates from disasters are falling globally, thanks to improved early warning and preparedness measures, some 29,700 people still lost their lives in 302 disasters last year.