Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- Ethiopia: West Guji Zone - Ongoing Humanitarian Activities Overview (as of 15 Sep 2018)
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Key Message Update, September 2018
9 JUILLET 2018
Ci-dessous les principaux points évoqués par M. Farhan Haq, Porte-parole adjoint de M. António Guterres, Secrétaire général de l’ONU:
Following are UN Secretary‑General António Guterres’ remarks at the high-level event on the “New Way of Working,” in Addis Ababa today:
I am pleased to join you to discuss a new way of working that will usher in stronger partnerships and better results in our collective interventions in the areas of development, humanitarian assistance, peace and security.
The following statement by UN Secretary-General António Guterres was issued today:
On my way back from Ethiopia — the largest refugee-hosting country in Africa that for decades has been keeping its borders open to hundreds of thousands of refugees from its neighbours, many times in dramatic security situations — I want to state the following:
Countries have the right, even the obligation, to responsibly manage their borders to avoid infiltration by members of terrorist organizations.
Following is UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon’s message to the thirty-fourth Lions Day with the United Nations, delivered by Robert Orr, Assistant Secretary-General for Strategic Planning, in New York on 16 March:
It is my pleasure to welcome all Lions to the United Nations. I thank you for focusing on the Millennium Development Goals.
Following are UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon’s remarks, as prepared for delivery, at the South-South Awards event in recognition of the Global Strategy for Women and Children’s Health, in New York today, 13 October:
Thank you for choosing to honour me today.
Following is UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon’s message for World Food Day, commemorated on 16 October:
Today, in the Horn of Africa, more than 13 million people are affected by one of the region’s worst droughts in 60 years. Famine grips swathes of southern Somalia. Yet, drought does not need to become famine — nor should it ever be allowed to, either through system failure or through the kind of deliberate deprivation we are seeing in areas controlled by Al-Shabaab.