Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- UN Entities Support Ethiopia’s Quest for Policy Coherence for SDGs
- Ethiopia: 3W - Agriculture Cluster Ongoing Activities Map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: HPR Approves Bill on Refugees
Global Overview MARCH 2018
Global Overview FEBRUARY 2018
Global Overview DECEMBER 2017
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
by Emma Batha
Total assistance rose for a fourth consecutive year, but the pace of growth slowed - one factor behind the slowdown may have been the lack of sudden large-scale disasters
LONDON, June 21 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - International humanitarian aid hit a record $27.3 billion last year, but several leading donors in the Middle East slashed their contributions, data published on Wednesday showed.
This monthly digest comprises threats and incidents of violence affecting the delivery of humanitarian assistance. It is prepared by Insecurity Insight from information available in open sources.
Burkina Faso 15 May 2017: In Djahoye town, unidentified perpetrators launched an attack, killing the president of the Village Development Council, and seizing money, food and a motorcycle before fleeing. Source: China
The ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) is a weekly bulletin for epidemiologists and health professionals on active public health threats. This issue covers the period 11-17 September 2016 and includes updates on Zika virus, West Nile fever and MERS.
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.