Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15-28 October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mai-Aini Refugee Camp - Camp Profile Shire 31 October 2018
Tropical cyclone Luban is expected to bring heavy rains to Yemen and Oman
Africa Weather Hazards
Heavy rainfall in previous weeks has resulted in overflowing of the Niger and Benue Rivers of Nigeria. Moderate to heavy rainfall is forecast to continue, maintaining high risks for flooding.
Tropical Cyclone Mekunu hits Yemen and Oman, while West Africa records mixed rainfall
Africa Weather Hazards
Insufficient rain since January has resulted in large moisture deficits and below-average vegetation conditions over portions of northwestern Angola.
Poorly-distributed rain since late February has resulted in abnormal dryness across central and northeastern Ethiopia.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.
Mexico - Tropical Depression THREE
• Tropical Depression THREE formed in the eastern Pacific Ocean, off the coasts of Oaxaca and Guerrero states, on 10 June.
• On 11 June, at 9.00 UTC, its approximate centre was 410km of Acapulco in Guerrero.
• Over the next 48h, THREE is forecast to intensify significantly. It is expected to move north-west and then turn north-northeast, towards Oaxaca and Guerrero.
• Very heavy rainfall and strong winds may affect the southern states of Mexico, particularly Guerrero, Oaxaca and Chiapas, on 11 June.