Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Briefing note: Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) Ethiopia (August 2018)
- The continued suppression of rainfall suggests an early cessation of the monsoon over parts of southern Africa.
- Increased rains observed over the Afar and highland regions of Ethiopia during late March.
1) Heavy and above-average rains over the past few weeks have increased rainfall surpluses and resulted in flooding across the Omusati region along the Angola-Namibian border. The inundation has led to the closure of several schools in the area. Moderate to heavy rains are forecast to continue during the next week.
Slow to start seasonal rains are leading to dry conditions in much of eastern Kenya and adjacent regions where pastoral and marginal agricultural populations have not yet recovered from the severe 2005-2006 drought.
Belg regions of southwestern Ethiopia continue to receive above normal precipitation, and rains are expanding into adjacent portions of the country.