Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
Heavy rains increase already substantial thirty-day rainfall surpluses in Cote D’Ivoire and South Sudan.
An increase in rain is observed across dry portions of central Somalia, though, dryness remain.
- Significantly heavy amounts of rainfall are expected to worsen flooding conditions across eastern Tanzania.
1) Poorly distributed seasonal rainfall since February has led to deteriorating ground conditions in western Angola. As seasonal rains are expected to decline this month, these long-term moisture deficits are likely to negatively impact crop and pastoral conditions for many areas.
- Despite critical links between agriculture
and the MDGs, agricultural statistics remain weak
- World Bank, Gates Foundation now collaborating to improve household surveys in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Plan includes active dissemination of results and open access to data
The World Bank's World Development Report 2008 highlighted the key role of agriculture in meeting the 2015 targets laid out by the Millennium Development Goals.
By ESTHER NAKKAZI
Countries affected by malaria in sub Saharan Africa are to benefit from a new campaign involving distribution of 700 million bednets to people living in the region to reduce deaths caused by the disease by 2015.
A number of organisations led by the World Health Organisation have already mobilised $5 billion for the campaign, which will involve setting up more factories to make bednets.
Currently, only factories under a company called A-Z with plants in Tanzania, Nigeria and Ethiopia are making nets for the region.
The campaign is geared at increasing the use …
Southern Africa CCA Guidance for November -- January at Four Month Lead
The outlook for southern Africa rainfall at four months lead indicates a tilt of the odds for below normal rainfall over northern Mozambique, southern Malawi and southwestern Tanzania. There is a tilt of the odds toward above normal rainfall over much of southern Africa and limited regions of Angola and Zaire. Climatology is expected elsewhere.