Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- WFP Ethiopia: Food and Nutrition Assistance to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in East and West Hararghe zones - September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
Kampala, Uganda 22 October 2009 - In January 2009, Africa was host to an estimated 11.6 million Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) out of the world's 26 million IDP's. It is with the aim to address forced displacement, which is avoidable by reducing this figure, that the African Union (AU) has organized the Special Summit on Refugees, Returnees and IDP's.
Kampala, Uganda 19 October 2009 - Through the National Policy for Internally Displaced Persons, Uganda has resettled 2.1 million Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) since 2002. "The remaining 413 000 are gradually returning home on a voluntary basis".
These were the words of Ugandan Prime Minister Professor Apolo R Nsibambi at the opening of the Extraordinary Session of the AU Executive Council being held in Kampala, Uganda from 19 till 20 October 2009.