Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants Applauds Ethiopia’s New Refugee Law
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 72 | 7 - 20 January 2019
- Ethiopia – Inter-communal fighting in South Sudanese refugee camps (DG ECHO, DG ECHO partners) (ECHO Daily Flash of 21 January 2019)
More than a million people across Africa are facing hunger, hardship and homelessness as a result of catastrophic flooding that is sweeping across the continent, according to the Red Cross which is appealing for funds to deal with the crisis.
Emergency funds have already been provided by the Irish Red Cross to help pay for disease prevention and hygiene promotion efforts as the risk of disease is growing due to large quantities of dirty water in areas where people and livestock are struggling to survive..
David Andrews, Chairman of the Irish Red Cross outlined the three priorities.