Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Countries from IGAD team up to end polio: The three Ministers of Health jointly launch to vaccinate about six million under-five children
- Ethiopia – New Episode of Ethnic Violence (DG ECHO, Media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
More than a million people across Africa are facing hunger, hardship and homelessness as a result of catastrophic flooding that is sweeping across the continent, according to the Red Cross which is appealing for funds to deal with the crisis.
Emergency funds have already been provided by the Irish Red Cross to help pay for disease prevention and hygiene promotion efforts as the risk of disease is growing due to large quantities of dirty water in areas where people and livestock are struggling to survive..
David Andrews, Chairman of the Irish Red Cross outlined the three priorities.