Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- ECHO Factsheet – Ethiopia – Last updated 17/12/2018
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
By DICTA ASIIMWE
Uganda's national Tuberculosis Reference Laboratory will soon become a reference laboratory for the entire East African region.
The facility will in 2012 become the second TB supranational laboratory in sub-Saharan Africa after a similar laboratory in South Africa.
The World Health Organisation granted Uganda candidate status to join the TB Supranational Reference Laboratory Network, which will make testing of drug resistant TB easier and bring the service closer.
Kampala, 21 October 2011 – In late September what at first glance seemed like a routine trip to the zoo, went a long way to bringing normality and as such important psychosocial benefits to refugee students in the JRS English class in the Ugandan capital, Kampala.
Le Secrétaire général de l'ONU, Ban Ki-moon, a appelé mercredi les Etats Membres à renforcer les activités de réforme du secteur de la sécurité en Afrique, considérant ces programmes comme un instrument crucial de la prévention des conflits, de la consolidation et du maintien de la paix.
Entebbe (Uganda), 2 September 2011 – The Minister of State for Environment, Hon. Flavia Munaaba, launched a special joint session on disaster risk reduction during the Twenty-Ninth Greater Horn of Africa Climate Outlook Forum (GHACOF29). The aim of the special session is to move towards a “paradigm” shift when addressing climate change and risks for sustainable development in the Region.
Alessandra Vellucci, Chief of the Press and External Relations Section of the United Nations Information Service in Geneva, chaired the briefing, which was also attended by spokespersons for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, the United Nations Children’s Fund, the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, the Food and Agriculture Organization, and the International Organization for Migration.