Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia – New Episode of Ethnic Violence (DG ECHO, Media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
KEY AREAS OF CRRF APPLICATION
• Builds on two pledges made at the Leaders’ Summit on Refugees (20 September 2016):
1. Adopt a new refugee law giving more rights to refugees
2. Provide quality education to all refugee children.
Kampala, 3 March 2015 — Climate stresses and limited adaptive capacity are increasing Africa´s vulnerability to climate change. For example, Uganda currently is exposed to impacts of climate change as a large majority of its total population is dependent economically on rain-fed agriculture.
NAIROBI, 22 janvier 2013 (IRIN) - Selon une étude de l'Institut international de recherche sur les politiques alimentaires IFPRI, l'Afrique pourrait réduire son niveau de pauvreté plus rapidement en privilégiant la production d'aliments de base plutôt que les cultures d'exportation.
A global review of the literature with a focus on the application of integrated pest and vector management in East Africa and Uganda
By Abraham McLaughlin and Blake Lambert
FEWS NET Alert Status Food Insecurity in Africa
NAIROBI, 24 January (IRIN) - Current food crop surpluses have helped improve the food security of important, vulnerable groups in Eastern Africa and the Horn of Africa in the short term, but could have serious negative effects later if farmers, reacting to lower prices, reduce the area planted with cereals, according to a new report from the Famine Early Warning System Network.