Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Political Will Changing Story of Horn of Africa: Ramtane
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
CHOUCHA TRANSIT CAMP, Tunisia, June 14 (UNHCR) – His father died in prison, his mother passed away from the shock and his beloved sister just gave up in protest and wasted away in front of him as they fled their past.
Bayisa* is only 17, but says he feels like an adult. And though he looks young, there's an incredible maturity about this ethnic Oromo teenager from western Ethiopia. This and his Christian faith have helped him to overcome one tragedy after another and cope with loneliness since losing his family.
This is a summary of what was said by the UNHCR spokesperson at today’s Palais des Nations press briefing in Geneva. Further information can be found on the UNHCR websites, www.unhcr.org and www.unhcr.fr, which should also be checked for regular media updates on non-briefing days.
On Sunday, 33 unaccompanied children departed from Tunisia’s Shousha refugee camp to Norway as part of their resettlement process.