Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
- Mai-Aini Refugee Camp - Camp Profile Shire 31 October 2018
- Hitsats Refugee Camp - Camp Profile Shire 31 October 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15-28 October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
Friday 31 August 2012
After nearly 18 months of waiting in a transit camp some seven kilometers from the Tunisia-Libya border, 195 refugees will depart on Monday (3/9) to start new lives in Germany.
IOM has arranged a charter flight from Djerba to Frankfurt on behalf of the German government and will bus the refugees from the Shousha transit camp to Djerba airport.
CHOUCHA TRANSIT CAMP, Tunisia, June 14 (UNHCR) – His father died in prison, his mother passed away from the shock and his beloved sister just gave up in protest and wasted away in front of him as they fled their past.
Bayisa* is only 17, but says he feels like an adult. And though he looks young, there's an incredible maturity about this ethnic Oromo teenager from western Ethiopia. This and his Christian faith have helped him to overcome one tragedy after another and cope with loneliness since losing his family.
This is a summary of what was said by the UNHCR spokesperson at today’s Palais des Nations press briefing in Geneva. Further information can be found on the UNHCR websites, www.unhcr.org and www.unhcr.fr, which should also be checked for regular media updates on non-briefing days.
On Sunday, 33 unaccompanied children departed from Tunisia’s Shousha refugee camp to Norway as part of their resettlement process.