Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 72 | 7 - 20 January 2019
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia – Inter-communal fighting in South Sudanese refugee camps (DG ECHO, DG ECHO partners) (ECHO Daily Flash of 21 January 2019)
- Ethiopia | Internal displacement (December 2018) – DG ECHO Daily Map | 22/01/2019
One child dies every 5 seconds of hunger related causes and more than half of child deaths in the developing word are due to hunger
Recent price increases pushed 119 million more people into hunger taking the total number of hungry people in the world close to 1 billion.
Falling global food prices have not translated into lower prices in most poor countries.
Global food prices remain 28 per cent higher than two years ago and continue to push more people into hunger. Very poor people can hold off hunger in the short-term by using up their limited resources.