Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mai-Aini Refugee Camp - Camp Profile Shire 31 October 2018
In Syria, four new wild polio virus type 1 (WPV1) cases were reported in the past week. New cases in Aleppo and Douma (rural Damascus) indicate that polio is spreading within the country and reaffirm the urgent need to vaccinate all children in Syria, regardless of who controls the area where they are.
In Kenya, the government declared polio a public health emergency on 22 November and directed the Ministry of Health to fast-track the immunization activities and to ensure the entire country is covered.
- Following confirmation of polio in Syria, health ministers of the Eastern Mediterranean declared the circulation of poliovirus in the Region an ‘emergency’ for all Member States at its Regional Committee meeting in Oman last week.