Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
The 2017 Sudan Participatory Assessment, conducted between October and December 2017, involved 6,009 Persons of Concern to UNHCR engaged through some 385 semi-structured interviews, focus group discussions, individual interviews and participatory observation sessions. This assessment exercise was conducted by UNHCR in collaboration with partners, actively supported by the Government of Sudan, to engage refugees, asylum-seekers and refugee returnees – women, men, girls and boys of di fferent age, gender, nationality and ability – to identify their needs and examine ways to address them.
Summary of needs, targets & requirements
Substantial humanitarian action is urgently required in Sudan in 2014.Overall, a total of 6.9 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance including life-saving interventions, protection from conflict and violence, strengthening household and community coping mechanisms and, where conditions permit, supporting longer-term solutions to the plight of internally displaced people (IDPs) and refugees.
The UN and partners have agreed on the following strategic objectives for 2014:
This document provides an overview of developments in the Mediterranean Basin and other regions of interest from 20 March—26 March, with hyperlinks to source material highlighted and underlined in the text. For more information on the topics below or other issues pertaining to the region, please contact the members of the Med Basin Team, or visit our website at www.cimicweb.org.
In Focus: Conflicts in South Sudan and Sudan
By Angelia Sanders