Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
Background on the humanitarian situation
Substantial humanitarian action is urgently required in Sudan in 2014.Overall, a total of 6.9 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance including life-saving interventions, protection from conflict and violence, strengthening household and community coping mechanisms and, where conditions permit, supporting longer-term solutions to the plight of internally displaced people (IDPs) and refugees.
The UN and partners have agreed on the following strategic objectives for 2014:
November 18, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario―Today, the Honourable Beverley J. Oda, Minister of International Cooperation, announced 25 new initiatives to further Canada's support to Africa. Minister Oda referenced these projects in a recent speech delivered to African Heads of Missions meeting in Ottawa.
On 3 November the Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) re-entered Kurmuk in Blue Nile State.
UNCHR reports new wave of refugees crossing the border into Ethiopia from Blue Nile State.
Some 33,000 Sudanese have crossed into Ethiopia since September 2011.
Following continued clashes between SAF and Sudan People’s Liberation Movement-North (SPLM-N) in South Kordofan State, more civilians are reportedly fleeing into South Sudan.
The reconstruction of the Banton Bridge linking Abyei to Agok was completed this week.