Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia-Kenya high-level cross-border Peace dialogue concludes with an action plan to address ongoing inter-communal conflict along common border
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
Period covered by this Final Report: July 2011 to December 2012
Appeal target (current): CHF 6,188,106
Appeal coverage: 54%
· This Emergency Appeal was initially launched on 1 July 2011 for CHF 3,758,917 for 8 months to assist 173,000 beneficiaries in South Kordofan, Blue Nile and Abyei states following the eruption of conflict on 5 June 2011 between SPLM-N and Sudan Government armed forces in South Kordofan.
Across the East Africa region, consecutive good seasons transformed food security conditions from the initial low point in 2011, which was a great relief coming out of a severe drought. However, the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) continued working with other players including government and regional bodies such as the Inter-Governmental Climate Information, Prediction,
Kelly Hurd , Special to RedCross.org
Original map title:
The International Federation's mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity. It is the world's largest humanitarian organization and its millions of volunteers are active in over 183 countries.
Appeal No. 05EA025; Operations Update no. 2; Period covered: 20 November 2005 to 15 December 2005; Appeal coverage: 8.0%.
- Launched on 7 November 2005for CHF 8,383,957 (USD 6,418,345 or EUR 5,433,127) for 12 months to assist 650,000 beneficiaries.