Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
ATLANTA, United States (November 01, 2004) - Nursing mothers in Sudan and other emergency hot spots will soon be able to do more to help themselves and their infants.
Thanks to a new CARE initiative, breastfeeding support will become an integral part of an emergency response.In emergency situations, exclusive and continued breastfeeding, or the reestablishment of breastfeeding, is of critical importance - it saves infant lives.
In contrast, artificial feeding increases the risk of malnutrition, disease and infant death even more in emergency than in non-emergency settings.
A $1.1 …