Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Briefing note: Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) Ethiopia (August 2018)
Liu Mei, a 44-year-old Chinese woman, worked in Darfur for more than two years as the director of the food aid program of the United Nations World Food Program (WFP).
From February 2005 to October 2007, she was responsible for distributing food to 100,000 refugees in Kars, south of Darfur, Sudan. With 10 local employees, she was the only foreigner and the only woman in any of the 11 WFP offices in Darfur.
"When I first learned that I would be sent to Darfur, I was scared. I knew the experience would change my life," Liu said.
NAIROBI, Oct 29, 2007 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- Sudanese and Somali refugees in camps in Kenya will benefit from 144 million dollars donated by U. S. towards the victims of violent conflicts and natural disasters, U.N.
ADDIS ABABA, Apr 3, 2006 (Xinhua via
COMTEX) -- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
on Monday handed over to Sudanese authorities the first group of 150 refugees
returning from Ethiopia.
This marked the official launching of the long-awaited voluntary repatriation of Sudanese refugees from Ethiopia to southern Sudan, said a press release from UNHCR's branch office in Ethiopia.
ADDIS ABABA, Feb 27, 2006 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- The governments of Ethiopia and Sudan and the UN refugee agency UNHCR on Monday signed a crucial tripartite agreement, which will clear the way for the return home of over 70,000 Sudanese refugees in Ethiopia.