Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
Summary of needs, targets & requirements
Substantial humanitarian action is urgently required in Sudan in 2014.Overall, a total of 6.9 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance including life-saving interventions, protection from conflict and violence, strengthening household and community coping mechanisms and, where conditions permit, supporting longer-term solutions to the plight of internally displaced people (IDPs) and refugees.
The UN and partners have agreed on the following strategic objectives for 2014:
The Mid-Year Review of the 2012 Sudan Humanitarian Work Plan (HWP) comes at a time of growing concern for Sudan.
Southern Sudan - Return and Reintegration of Sudanese Refugees and IDPs
Since the signing of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA), more than 169,000 Sudanese refugees have returned home along with an estimated 1.6 million internally displaced persons (IDPs). The CPA and its implementation will continue to define the broader political climate in Southern Sudan and shape the environment in which the United Nations and its partners will operate.
The UN and Partners 2008 Work Plan for Sudan outlines Humanitarian, Early Recovery and Recovery and Development programmes to improve the well being of Sudanese. In Volume I planning, monitoring, coordination and funding issues related to the implementation of these programmes are detailed. The discussion is drawn from Sector Plans and Planning Region rationale for activity. The supporting projects are in Volume II, Programme Directory.
JANUARY - JUNE 1999
I. IMPLICATIONS OF EXTERNAL CHANGES ON THE HUMANITARIAN PROGRAMME