Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
- Collaborative Action for Sustainable Peace, Gedeo–Guji peacebuilding forum | November 22, 2018 | Dila town | Ethiopia
Dakar, le 10 mai 2009 - "Dans la deuxième partie du XXe siècle, le continent africain, plus que tout autre, a souffert énormément des conflits violents au sein et entre les Etats", dit le Rapport de développement 2008 de l'Afrique (anglais), lancé aujourd'hui, 10 mai 2009, à Dakar, au Sénégal.
Le rapport, préparé par des experts de la Banque africaine de développement (BAD) et publié par les Presses de l'université Oxford, examine les coûts économiques et sociaux des conflits en …
Dakar, 10 May 2009 - "In the second half of the 20th Century, the African continent, more than any other part of the world has suffered enormously from violent conflict within and between States", says the African Development Report 2008-2009 released on Sunday, 10 May 2009 in Dakar Senegal.
The Report, prepared by African Development Bank (AfDB) experts and published by Oxford University Press, examines the economic and social cost of conflicts across the continent and provides cogent …
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesperson Jennifer Pagonis - to whom quoted text may be attributed - at the press briefing, on 6 May 2008, at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
In western Ethiopia, UNHCR has officially closed two of the four camps hosting refugees from South Sudan following a successful repatriation season in which some 23,000 refugees from the two camps -- Bonga and Dimma - went home. The returns were assisted by UNHCR, mainly to Blue Nile state and to a number of other states in South Sudan.
No child should have to pay the price for adults' wars, but increasingly they do. Millions of children are killed, millions more are injured, and millions spend their entire childhood in camps and other temporary shelters. Children cannot wait for conflict to end before we begin to address their educational needs. It is shameful that, in 2006, there are still 115 million children around the world who are denied their right to primary education. It is even more disturbing that one-third of these children are being kept out of school because of the effects of conflict.
United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan will brief the Security Council next week on his current trip to the Darfur region of Sudan - with other issues on the continent topping the Security Council's programme this month, the incoming President of the 15-member body said today.