Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- WFP Ethiopia: Food and Nutrition Assistance to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in East and West Hararghe zones - September 2018
Note: Map in 2 pages
Drought conditions have resulted in crop failure across western parts of RSA's Maize Triangle, Lesotho and southern Zimbabwe, with crop stress in the eastern part of the Maize Triangle as well as central Zimbabwe and Swaziland. Drought conditions have developed in eastern Botswana and southern Mozambique as well.
Favorable growing conditions in northern Mozambique, Malawi, Tanzania, Zambia, Angola and Namibia have resulted from abundant rains.
Seasonal Outlook at One-Month Lead: November-2005 through January -2006
The outlook for November 2005-January 2006 southern Africa rainfall at one month lead shows a tilt in the odds favoring slightly above average rainfall over most of the Northern Cape, portions of the Free State and Eastern Cape provinces of South Africa, portions of southern Namibia, and locally over southwestern Zambia, and central Mozambique.