Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15-28 October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Karin Kneissl: "The goal is to alleviate the humanitarian emergency, to give the people prospects in their region"
Seasonal Outlook at One-Month Lead: November-2005 through January -2006
The outlook for November 2005-January 2006 southern Africa rainfall at one month lead shows a tilt in the odds favoring slightly above average rainfall over most of the Northern Cape, portions of the Free State and Eastern Cape provinces of South Africa, portions of southern Namibia, and locally over southwestern Zambia, and central Mozambique.
[This report does not necessarily reflect the views of the United Nations]
JOHANNESBURG, 19 May (IRIN) - Declining food production in Southern Africa has shifted the region's focus to improving small-scale farmers' access to agricultural inputs like fertilisers.
"For each kilogramme of fertiliser applied per hectare, a minimum yield of more than 3 kg of grain can be produced.