Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Teaching science and hope in an Ethiopian refugee camp
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Tigray Region, Round 14: November – December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Somali Region, Round 14: November/December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Amhara Region, Round 14: November/December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
Eastern and Southern Africa is home to more than 60 per cent of children and adolescents living with HIV. This is the region where most progress in the HIV response has been made. Coverage of maternal antiretroviral treatment for pregnant and breastfeeding women living with HIV reached 93 per cent in this region in 2017. Sustaining these gains and continuing to reach children, adolescents and women at risk and living with HIV is critical. In 2017, an estimated 120,000 adolescents aged 10–19 years and 94,000 children aged 0–9 years were newly infected with HIV.
LIVINGSTONE, 3 April 2008 (IRIN) - South Africa cut a lone figure in Zambia's tourist capital of Livingstone as the only African country not to endorse a global ban on the use of all cluster munitions.
Africa's economic powerhouse and the continent's leading arms producer was the odd one out following a two day meeting of 39 African countries, which on 1 April, endorsed the Livingstone Declaration calling for the eradication of all cluster munitions.
Cluster munitions were first used by the former Soviet Union during the Second World War and quickly became part of …