Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- 23 Killed in Ethnic Violence Near Addis Ababa
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
- Ethiopia tops global list of highest internal displacement in 2018
Nairobi, 15 February 2018- Sometimes, the choices migrants make is dependent on the information, or lack of it, that is available to them. Being informed in a timely and accessible manner remains vital if migrants are to make the right or informed decisions. To ensure this, IOM, the UN Migration Agency has rolled out a mobile app called MigApp to empower migrants in East and Horn of Africa.
By Rebecca Beauregard and Patrick Codjia
DOOLOW, Somalia, 30 June 2017 – Faisal Bule sits with his daughter, 18-month-old Dahran Faisal, at the nutrition centre in Doolow, a town in southern Somalia on the border with Ethiopia. Dahran is one of the newly admitted patients at the centre’s Outpatient Therapeutic Programme.
They were forced to leave their home village because of a severe drought that started in December 2016 and has been affecting the lowland areas across the Horn of Africa, particularly Ethiopia and Somalia, as well as Kenya, South Sudan and Uganda.
At a glance
Rainfall Outlook: April - June 2017