Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia: 3W - Agriculture Cluster Ongoing Activities Map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 3W - WASH Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 3W - Operational Presence, Ongoing and Planned Activities (as of November 2018)
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
On March 14, the Government of Japan decided to extend Emergency Grant Aid of 26 million US dollars in response to the famine in the Middle East and Africa through 6 international organizations and agencies including the World Food Programme (WFP).
This assistance is also provided as a swift response to United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres’s call for support. Japan will provide humanitarian assistance such as food, nutrition, health and WASH (Water and Sanitation) in Somalia, South Sudan, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Yemen, and Kenya.
First, I would like to welcome the holding of this meeting on the initiative of the United Nations Secretary-General and also express my respect for the efforts by the United Nations to address the drought in the Horn of Africa.