Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
On March 14, the Government of Japan decided to extend Emergency Grant Aid of 26 million US dollars in response to the famine in the Middle East and Africa through 6 international organizations and agencies including the World Food Programme (WFP).
This assistance is also provided as a swift response to United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres’s call for support. Japan will provide humanitarian assistance such as food, nutrition, health and WASH (Water and Sanitation) in Somalia, South Sudan, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Yemen, and Kenya.
First, I would like to welcome the holding of this meeting on the initiative of the United Nations Secretary-General and also express my respect for the efforts by the United Nations to address the drought in the Horn of Africa.