Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
WAM Abu Dhabi, 17th Sept. 2011 (WAM) -- The UAE Charity Initiative for treating one million children has launched a massive vaccination programme to protect children in the Horn of Africa against contagious diseases.
Sep 11, 2011 - 09:04 -
WAM Dubai, 11 Sept. 2011 (WAM): The Ministry of Economy and the Ministry of Environment in the UAE have joined hands with the Arab Federation for Food Industries and AR Group to roll out an ambitious initiative to support food security in the Arab world and the address the famine in the African Horn.
The Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Humanitarian and Charity Establishment has decided to send two relief planes, carrying relief materials to Horn Africa, which is hit by severe drought and famine. The first plane left the Dubai International Airport on Wednesday, while the second will leave on Thursday.
WAM Nairobi, 19th Aug. 2011 (WAM) -- A UAE medical mission arrived at the Somali-Ethiopian borders to inspect the health condition of thousands of refugees who walked long distances to reach scattered camps at Dadaab area.
Upon the findings of the tour, the team of doctors and surgeons will set up a mobile hospital to deliver diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive services to refugees who fled acute drought that hit the Horn of Africa countries.
A two-day telethon by Dubai Media Incorporated (DMI) yesterday raised Dh18.8 million for victims of famine in the Horn of Africa. The fundraiser which kicked off Tuesday on DMI's TV stations and print publications and radio stations aims to provide emergency humanitarian aid for famine-struck populations in Somalia and other drought-hit Horn of Africa countries.
UAE is to rush emergency relief aid to the Horn of Africa as per directives of President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan to provide urgent humanitarian assistance to those affected by continuing drought in the peninsula. The UAE Red Crescent has completed preparations to begin urgent relief operations to help victims of the disaster that threatens millions of lives in parts of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia and Uganda.