Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- Ethiopia: West Guji Zone - Ongoing Humanitarian Activities Overview (as of 15 Sep 2018)
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Key Message Update, September 2018
Distribution of 257,040 supplemental meals begins
Children under age five, and expectant and breastfeeding mothers in need of nutritional stabilization were the first to receive nutrient-rich XANGO meal pack porridge as part of an AmeriCares-supported supplemental feeding program in Somalia.
Ongoing programs and emergency response helps tens of thousands in crisis
November 17, 2011
These happy faces say it all: 3,200 Vietnamese children no longer go hungry, thanks to a Pediatric Nutrition Program supported by AmeriCares and its partners. In Vietnam, where one-third of children under age 5 suffer from stunted growth due to malnutrition, this program is a shining example of hope and progress.
Large scale response includes 179,000 courses of medicines, supplies, and nutritional supplements to help refugees in crisis.
A shipment of $1.2 million in urgently requested medical aid arrived in Mogadishu, Somalia on October 11 – the most recent delivery in AmeriCares’ large scale emergency response to help ease profound human suffering in the famine-stricken region.
Nutrient-rich supplement will help feed 13,000 severely malnourished refugees for one month
A humanitarian air shipment of 34,000 pounds of a high-calorie Xango nutritional supplement – especially beneficial for children, and expectant or nursing mothers – departed on September 20 to provide lifesaving help to severely malnourished refugees in Mogadishu. The shipment is one of three scheduled deliveries that will help feed a total of 13,000 starving children and adults in the Horn of Africa for one month.
As Millions Face Starvation and Disease, Lifesaving Shipments of Nutritional Supplements and Medicines Underway
August 19, 2011
AmeriCares has launched a large-scale emergency response in Somalia, including several shipments of medicines, nutritional supplements, water purification tablets and medical supplies to help save as many lives as possible in this beleaguered region of Africa.