Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Briefing note: Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) Ethiopia (August 2018)
African refugees were receiving humanitarian supplies from the US Navy when their skiff capsized off the Somali coast. The number of refugees fleeing the Horn of Africa has skyrocketed in recent years.
By Stephen Kurczy, Staff Writer / September 28, 2010
Thirteen refugees from Somalia and Ethiopia drowned Monday when their skiff capsized while it was receiving humanitarian assistance from the United States, the US Navy said today in a statement.
The Navy said it was able to save 61 other refugees from the boat that capsized off the coast of Somalia.
Four Ugandan troops were killed this week in a bomb blast as Somalia's insurgency intensifies.
By Scott Baldauf | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor
and Alexis Okeowo | Contributor to The Christian Science Monitor
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa and KAMPALA, Uganda - Even before a roadside bomb killed four Ugandan peacekeepers in the Somali capital of Mogadishu on Wednesday, convincing other African nations to support the mission was a tough sell.
But as fighting in Mogadishu escalates into a full-scale insurgency, creating what the United Nations now calls the …